An industrial sunflower oil refining machine (cooking oil refinery equipment) is developed to meet the needs of various edible oil processing plants to refine sunflower seed oil and other kinds of cooking oil. Such equipment can produce fourth-grade oil, third-grade oil, second-grade oil, and first-grade oil. The daily processing capacity of the sunflower oil refinery machine reaches 100 kg to 10 tons or more. The sunflower oil refinery machines can be divided into intermittent and continuous types to meet the needs of different users. The oil refining equipment developed by our company has the characteristics of reliable performance, a high degree of mechanization, and advanced process and technical indicators. This sunflower oil refining equipment can be used for multiple purposes, producing different grades of cooking oil of various kinds, including sunflower seed oil, peanut oil, palm oil, soybean oil, rapeseed oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, etc.
Table of Contents
Why should crude sunflower oil be refined?
The sunflower seed oil refining process usually refers to the refining of crude sunflower seed oil. Crude oil is the oil extracted from vegetable oil through leaching or pressing process, which contains some inedible impurities. The existence of impurities in crude oil not only affects the edible value and safe storage of oil but also brings difficulties to deep processing. The purpose of refining is to remove impurities harmful to food, storage, and industrial production, such as phospholipids, free fatty acids, peculiar smell, and moisture, so as to obtain finished oil meeting certain quality standards.
sunflower seed oil refining process
Sunflower oil refining methods can be roughly divided into the mechanical method, chemical method, and physicochemical method. The operation of the sunflower oil refining machine is divided into the following four steps.
1. Degumming: if the content of phospholipids in the sunflower seed oil is high, it is easy to blister, produce smoke, and smell when heated. The phospholipids oxidized at high temperature turns the oil scorch brown, which affects the flavor of fried food. Degumming is based on the principle that phospholipids and some proteins are insoluble in oil after forming hydrate with water. By adding hot water to the crude sunflower seed oil, mixing and heating at 50℃, the phospholipids and some proteins can be removed after static stratification.
2. Deacidification: free fatty acids affect the stability and flavor of sunflower seed oil. They can be removed by neutralization with alkali solution.
3. Decolorization: crude sunflower seed oil contains pigments such as chlorophyll and carotenoids. Chlorophyll is a photosensitizer, which affects the stability of the oil, while other pigments affect the appearance of oil, which can be removed by the adsorbent.
4. Deodorization: there are some peculiar smell substances in crude sunflower seed oil, mainly from oil oxidation products. Such gases can be removed by distillation and vacuum pumping.
5. Dewaxing: remove the wax in the sunflower seed oil.
The first-grade and second-grade sunflower seed oil generally need to go through 5 procedures: degumming, deacidification, decolorization, deodorization, or dewaxing, while the third and fourth-grade oil does not need to go through deodorization and dewaxing.
The composition of sunflower oil refining machine
A complete set of sunflower seed oil refining equipment is composed of a variety of equipment and parts. It mainly consists of an alkali solution tank, degumming and deacidification tank, filter, decolorization oil tank, vacuum deodorization equipment, supporting pipe, tank, oil pump, etc.
Apart from the sunflower oil refining machine, we also offer the sunflower seeds thresher and sunflower oil press machine with different outputs. If you have any inquiry about our machinery, we would be glad to hear from you.
1 thought on “Sunflower oil refining machine from crude oil to first grade”
Hi, i need sunflower oil refinery machine for small scale