Castor oil can be obtained by squeezing castor beans by a castor oil machine. Castor oil has a very wide range of applications in industrial and medical fields. Our cold pressed castor oil machine has the features of high oil extraction rate, large outputs, high oil quality with natural oil flavor and taste. The castor oil extraction machine is popular in many countries such as India, Brazil, Thailand, Ethiopia and the Philippines.
Table of Contents
Introduction to castor oil
Castor oil is a kind of light yellow, viscous, non-volatile oil. The main component of castor oil is ricinoleic acid, which accounts for about 80% to 88% of the weight of castor oil. At the temperature of -14°C, it maintains fluidity, does not deteriorate or burn at 500~600°C, and can undergo various chemical reactions such as addition, oxidation, esterification, and amidation.
The oil content of castor beans can reach 45%~54%, and castor also contains a variety of rich proteins. The protein content in the castor oil residue after castor pressing is generally 33%~35%, and the content of crude protein in the oil cake after degreasing is as high as 69%.
Castor oil also contains small amounts of linoleic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid, and palmitic acid. However, castor beans contain a variety of toxins, which are highly toxic and difficult to detoxify.
Castor oil application scope
Castor oil contains linoleic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid and palmitic acid, which are extremely important chemical raw materials. Castor oil does not burn at 400 degrees Celsius and does not solidify at minus 19 degrees Celsius. Therefore, castor oil produced by castor oil machines is widely used in the fields of chemical industry, medicine, aviation, navigation, food, electronics, and machinery manufacturing.
Industrial use: high-grade lubricating oil, protective oil, insecticide, artificial rubber, polyurethane adhesive, etc.
Medical use: medical laxatives, relieve rheumatism, arthritis, treat skin burns, sunburn, etc.
However, considering that castor beans contain a variety of toxins, which are highly toxic and difficult to detoxify, castor oil cake cannot be used in feed or food processing, and can only be used as fertilizer.
What is cold-pressed castor oil?
The oil pressing method is also called the physical pressing method. It is a method of extruding oil from oil-bearing l with the help of external mechanical force. It is a traditional oil production method, including hydraulic oil press and screw oil press. These two kinds of castor oil machines have the advantages of a wide range of applicable materials, large processing capacity, low labor intensity and high oil yield.
Cold pressing means that the oil is directly squeezed from the raw material by the mechanical force of the oil press without steaming and roasting. Compared with the traditional process, the castor oil making machine can reduce the damage to the nutrients to the greatest extent, and can obtain high-quality oil and cake at the same time.
Cold pressed castor oil is obtained by pure physical pressing, without heat treatment, and only using physical means to remove impurities. The low-temperature pressing eliminates the roasting process in the traditional process, and significantly reduces the energy consumption of castor oil processing.
Why to use a castor oil machine?
- High oil yield – compared with traditional equipment, the normal oil yield of a castor oil extractor can be 2 to 3 percentage points higher, and the economic benefits are higher.
- Energy-saving – among the oil press with the same output, the castor oil press machine reduces the electric power by 40%.
- Labor-saving – the same output can save labor by 60%, and one person can organize production.
- Wide range of uses – suitable for squeezing more than 30 kinds of oil crops such as peanut, flax, sesame, rapeseed, oil sunflower, cottonseed, soybean, and so on.
- Pure oil quality–vacuum filter residues to ensure pure oil quality and meet hygiene standards.
- Small footprint – the castor oil press needs 10-20 square meters to be used.
How to extract castor oil with castor oil press machine?
- Remove the shells of the castor bean (the main components of the husk are cellulose and pigment)
- The castor beans after shelling are then put into the roasting machine (Optional step).
- Pressing. The castor oil obtained by direct pressing with a screw type castor oil machine can only be used as industrial oil. Medical castor seed oil should use a hydraulic cold press oil machine, and the pressing temperature should not be higher than 50 degrees Celsius, otherwise, some impurities will dissolve into the oil and cannot be used for medicinal purposes, and can only be used in industrial and other fields. The oil content of castor beans is about 50%, and the oil yield varies from 42% to 45% according to the difference in technology and processing equipment.
- The castor oil obtained by pressing can be processed by oil refining equipment to obtain the finished first-grade castor oil. Specifically, the castor oil obtained by squeezing also needs to be fully processed to separate impurities such as free fatty acids in the castor oil, and then an appropriate amount of white clay is added to carry out full stirring for decolorization. The castor bean after deacidification, decolorization, and deodorization. Then, the first-class castor oil is obtained.
Castor oil extraction machine price
As a professional oil extraction machine manufacturer with over 10 years of experience, we provide diverse oil processing machinery to meet customers’ demands. There are screw type oil presses, hydraulic presses, oil filters, and refined oil equipment with different capacities. Castor oil extraction machine price is based on our comprehensive cost. We offer quality castor oil machines at factory prices, which are rather competitive. Our product quality and comprehensive after-sale services are well guaranteed and enabled us to gain the trust of more and more customers. If you have any inquiries about our castor oil expeller machine, welcome to get in contact with us. Our professionals will send you the quotations and the required details soon.