Canola oil press is designed to extract oil from rape plants. Canola oil, also known as rapeseed oil, is a golden and bright, slightly transparent viscous liquid. It is commonly used in the cooking of all kinds of dishes, as one of the main oil crops in the world. The content of oil in rapeseed is 37.5% – 46.3%. For different types of rape, its oil content is slightly different. Our canola oil press has two types: the canola screw press and the canola oil cold press machine, which can realize both hot pressing and cold pressing.
Table of Contents
Canola oil extraction process
After harvesting the rapeseed, it generally requires the following steps to produce canola oil.
Rapeseed cleaning and impurity removal → canola shelling → rapeseed roasting (optional) → rapeseed pressing by the canola oil press
How the canola screw press works?
Hot pressing is to press the rapeseed after roasting. The hot-pressed rapeseed oil has a strong canola flavor. The hot press method has a high extraction rate and efficiency.
After roasting the canola seeds, put the materials in the screw oil press. During the pressing, the canola screw press drives the screw shaft to rotate, so the rapeseeds in the squeeze chamber continuously move forward. Gradually, the space between the pressing chamber and the screw shaft narrows down, and the pressure increases rapidly. The huge pressure and heat break the oil cells, and the oil flows out. After extracting oil, it extrudes oil cakes.
Video of canola oil expeller
The operation of canola oil cold press machine
Cold pressing oil is pressed without the previous step of roasting. The nutritional elements are not destroyed, thus it has a certain advantage. Cold pressing by a hydraulic oil press machine often needs 2 to 3 times, and the efficiency is lower than that of hot pressing.
During the use of the canola oil press, the rapeseed needs to be put in the barrel. Then it is squeezed by the hydraulic oil and the process does not cause high temperature. After squeezing, it needs to take out the oil cake or starts pressing for the second time.
Canola oil refining process
After getting crude canola oil by using the canola oil press, people can also refine the oil by applying an oil refinery machine through the following procedures.
Crude oil filtration → crude oil refining (degumming, deacidification, decolorization, deodorization, and dewaxing) → canola oil filling and packing
Rapeseed oil advantages
- Canola oil contains less saturated fatty acids, only 6%, and unsaturated fatty acids account for over 90%. Thus, rapeseed oil is conducive to bile function and cholesterol reduction in the human body.
- The absorption rate of rapeseed oil by human body is high, up to 99%. The unsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic acid and vitamin E contained in it can be well absorbed by the body, and has a certain effect of softening blood vessels and delaying aging.
- As the raw material for oil extraction is the seed of plants, it generally contains certain seed phospholipids, which is very important for the development of blood vessels, nerves and brain.
- Raw rapeseed oil has anti-inflammatory effect. Cold-presssed rapeseed oil is effective in treating scalds.
- Rapeseed oil is good for eyes. Eating it often can be helpful for preventing senile eye diseases. Rapeseed oil can also help the eyes resist the stimulation of strong light, which is helpful to prevent children’s amblyopia.
Tips for canola oil intake
- The oil has a certain shelf life and should not be stored for too long;
- The oil heated at high temperature shall not be used repeatedly;
- Rapeseed oil is advised to be taken with other edible oil rich in linoleic acid to reach nutritional balance.
For other detailed information about our canola oil press, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.