Coconut oil, made from dried coconut or fresh coconut pulp, is considered one of the healthiest foods in the world. It is found that dried coconut pulp contains 65%-74% oil, which can be pressed by a coconut oil extraction machine, also called a screw oil press machine. The mass production of coconut oil by coconut oil press machines can bring economic value to enterprises. Coconut oil can be used for baking bread, muffins, or cooking, etc.
Table of Contents
Coconut Oil advantages
Coconut oil contains healthy fats such as octanoic acid, lauric acid, and capric acid. This kind of oil has medium-chain fatty acids, which are easy to be digested and absorbed by the human body. In a bid to increase the intake of medium-chain fat, cooking with coconut oil is the easiest way. Because coconut oil is saturated oil, cooking will not produce free radicals. The melting point of coconut oil is 23 ℃, above which it is liquid, and its smoke point is low, below 177 ℃. Coconut oil has stable performance and does not need cold storage. It can be stored at room temperature for at least 2-3 years.
Coconut oil extraction Methods
One of the common extraction methods is dry pressing. Coconut oil is obtained by mechanical physical pressing of fresh coconut pulp at a temperature below 60 ℃. The other one is the wet pressing method, that is, the coconut pulp is kneaded, filtered and cooked until the oil floats on the water surface. Then the water and oil are separated.
Specifically, the dry pressing process needs to peel and shell the coconut to get the coconut pulp inside. The coconut meat is processed into dried coconut or ground into coconut paste by drying. The dried coconut flesh or coconut paste is pressed by a coconut oil extraction machine to obtain the crude coconut oil. The edible coconut oil can be obtained by refining the coconut oil.
Features of Coconut oil Extraction Machine
To improve the oil extraction machine efficiency and reduce manual labor, a coconut oil expeller is an ideal solution. The screw oil press mainly squeezes out the oil through the rotation of the screw shaft. The screw press rotates to let the raw material in the squeeze chamber get pressed. There are many outstanding features of the coconut oil extractor.
- High output and high oil extraction rate. The capacity can reach 30-600kg/h. Under great pressure, the coconut oil can get well pressed.
- High oil quality. The coconut oil extraction machine is made of food-grade stainless steel and has oil filtering system, so the final oil is clean and of good quality.
- Wide application. Apart from coconut, the coconut oil expeller is suitable for other raw oily materials, like peanuts, soybean, rapeseed, sunflower seed, etc.
How to operate the coconut oil press machine?
- Install and debug to make the machine in normal working state. Adjust the clearance between the screw shaft and the cake ring
- Start the oil press to idle for 3-5 minutes, and then feed the oil cake or raw materials slowly and evenly to heat the chamber. Generally, it is required to press at 70-80 ℃.
- During pressing, the cake thickness shall be strictly controlled. Different oil varieties and pressing times have different requirements for the control of cake thickness, generally 0.3-2.5mm.
- After the work is stopped, the screw shaft of the oil press shall be extracted, and the residue in the press chamber and each gap shall be cleaned in time to avoid hardening and affecting the next work.